An easy way to setup the Open as Root option for 10.04 is to use a application called Ubuntu-Tweak. This program does all the editing and setup for you.
Here is how to get it done:
1. Goto: www.ubuntu-tweak.com.
2. Download the latest version.
3. Open with the package manager.
4. Once install go to the Applications menu
5. Choose the system tools menu, then choose Ubuntu-Tweak
6. Goto the personal section
7. Click on Manage Scripts
8. Now drag the 2 options on the left called:
Browse as root
Open with your favorite text editor (as root)
9. Click on the quit button.
Its that simple. Now you have a option in your right click menu for scripting, open as root.