I recently upgraded a machine to Windows 8 and when I did the install everything went great. When I go to activate Windows I get a DNS error or errror 0x8007232b. This was very annoying since I had a valid key and it should have worked. My network was fine.
This is how I found to solve this annoying issue:
Press the windows key + R
This opens a run window
Type in CMD in the run line. This takes you to a command prompt.
type slui 3 and press ENTER
yes, SLUI: which stands for SOFTWARE LICENSING USER INTERFACE
SLUI 1 brings up the activation status window
SLUI 2 brings up the activation window
SLUI 3 brings up the CHANGE PRODUCT KEY window
SLUI 4 brings up the CALL MICROSOFT & MANUALLY ACTIVATE window
Type in your product key
Issue solved 🙂